Featured Post

The death of a Great Historian leads me to ask "Where did he come from? What was his muse?"

"[B]inary opposites fit nicely the formulation of history as written, but they do little to capture the messy, inchoate reality of h...

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

History is all around you! Partake!



Ok...so I'm an emotional sap who sees motivational deja vu energy all around. My discoveries always open my eyes to what is around me and, constantly, I am blown away by circumstance or destiny. Which, I can never decide.

My discovery of Edward Sheriff Curtis has found me with such a situation today (see previous post on Curtis). I live in a neighboring town to Salem, MA. In the Peabody Essex Museum you will find the largest collection of Edward S. Curtis photography found anywhere! Right under my nose.

Do yourself a favor. Visit the Peabody Essex website under their collections/photography, and view these photos as well as the video about Curtis by Thomas Haukaas, M.D. Sicangu Lakota Artist & Psychiatrist http://www.pem.org/curtis/ click on video.

His view of Curtis is one I believe in as well. The photography is magnificent!

If you can't visit the museum, you can get a good representation by viewing their photos at the Peabody Essex museum website. This museum is a hidden jem in the Boston landscape.

No comments: