Featured Post

The death of a Great Historian leads me to ask "Where did he come from? What was his muse?"

"[B]inary opposites fit nicely the formulation of history as written, but they do little to capture the messy, inchoate reality of h...

Friday, July 25, 2008

John Adams


The best money I've spent in a long time went to the HBO miniseries "John Adams" with Paul Giamatti as John Adams, Laura Linney as Abigail Adams, Rufus Sewell as Alexander Hamilton, Tom Wilkinson as Benjamin Franklin, produced by Tom Hanks.

All I can say is "WOW". Historically accurate (finally) with the good and the bad. The difficulties and the triumphs. The acting is superb!! This production is based on the book by David McCullough, one of my favorite historical writers.

Find a way to see this, please. It is relevant then and it is very relevant to today. I purchased my copy from Costco with a $10 coupon for $24.99. Quite the bargain if you're a member. Amazon.com is selling it for $41.99, I believe.

If you're a history buff, this is a must buy. If you just like a good story, or like great acting rent it from Netflix, etc...

No comments: