Featured Post

The death of a Great Historian leads me to ask "Where did he come from? What was his muse?"

"[B]inary opposites fit nicely the formulation of history as written, but they do little to capture the messy, inchoate reality of h...

Friday, March 31, 2017

A Soul's Journey



The definitive answer to life's mystery is yet to be discovered.  For each of us the journey is unique, yet we continue to strive not only for a simple answer, but for commonality.  
Have I, as a soul, choosen my plight or good fortune?  Is  Karma, destiny, free will, or the many short answers all that simple?  
These gray, unanswered questions have been my source of great pain and great discovery, with periods of joy thrown into the mix.
This, above all else, has driven my longing for a cosmic and historical connections to the past.  It has and continues to  be my salvation.

A big "thank you" to all my dead people who continue to nudge me, scare me, and thrill me!  My job is to bring your spirit, through genealogy and history, back to life.  May I continue to find meaning in your short relevant lives!


No comments: